Pedal kick week is done. Admittedly it was more than a week but by the end of seven days I hadn't practiced as many times as I had meant to and I wasn't as good as I wanted to be. So it was really "pedal kick week and a half." Regardless, it's done. And I got to 11 hops (most of them pedal kick hops) in a row.
Now, I'm starting standing manuals. I can do a pretty good seated manual, but I really want to be able to do a standing manual and manual around turns. Not surprisingly, I have a lot of work to do.
After two weeks here are some things I've learned:
- When you get frustrated, stop for a couple of minutes and drink some water.
- Watching yourself on video is a great way to figure out what you're doing correctly and not-so-correctly.
- Trashzen.com does a good job explaining the basics.
- Listen to music (I use O-tus helmet speakers). It helps.
- Blisters hurt and I've been getting bad ones.